Creation of BIM Models
with LOD 300 of New National Eye Hospital Building in Australia
BIM & MEP | Architectural/Structural Drafting | 3D Modeling & Rendering Energy Modeling
Case Study Highlights
Creation of BIM Models
- Industry : Construction
- Location : Australia
- BIM models for Architectural, structural and MEP disciplines were created using Revit. Clashes were detected and reported. A clash free model was prepared with material takeoffs and project completion schedules.
- Input files received in form of PDF were not of the best quality. Several images and details were blurred & unclear.
- Level of detailing required was high; this made the files heavy and difficult to manage.
- There were numerous clashes in the models that had to be detected and reported.
Technology / Software Used:
- The project was completed within 45 days, and at the end of this time frame, all the clashes were resolved.
- If these clashes had been left undetected, this would have led to huge losses at the time of actual construction.
- BIM based, material take-offs & project completion schedules helped client streamline the processes and hence reduce the overall cost and time for construction.
The project required development of intelligent BIM with LOD 300 from PDF files for a National Eye Hospital in Australia. A team of modelers and BIM experts was deployed to execute this project of a complex nature.
- Project commenced with detailed examination of PDF files received as input.
- These PDF files were used to convert project data into intelligent BIM.
- BIM for architectural, structural and MEP disciplines were developed using Revit.
- Models were examined for clashes. A lot of clashes were detected and reported for mitigation.
- Once the clashes were resolved, the models were iterated and a clash free BIM was developed.
- Further the models were developed with quantity take offs and project completion schedules, a comprehensive approach was adopted to implement higher collaboration in the project.
- Prime emphasis was given towards auditing and improvisation to ensure that the model was as per international quality standards.
- The models underwent a multilayered quality check before they were handed over to the client.
About Australian Design and Drafting Services:
Australian Design and Drafting services offers a full range of 2D Drafting, 3D Modeling, Designing to Animation and Walkthrough for Architectural, Structural, Electrical, Mechanical and Electronics engineering modeling, to its global clientele across the AEC industry. Understanding and delivering as per client requirements remains the prime focus, for every project that is undertaken. With a multilayered quality check and flexible time scheduling, quality is maintained and projects are always delivered on time.
Australian Design and Drafting services is your innovative partner offering multidisciplinary services for various domains across industries. We are a leading Design and Drafting services provider Australian based organization providing comprehensive design and drafting services to 3,100 plus – 80% recurring clients across Australia. Enhancing your business operations, making them smarter, faster and cheaper has been our ongoing pursuit, backed with two decades of experience. It has helped us evolve into a leading customer centric outsourcing service provider for all your BPO, Software, AEC, and Engineering solutions.
Australian Design & Drafting provides Free Tender Service to all our clients which will save you time, stress and thousands of dollars
Australian Design & Drafting provides obligation Free Consultation Service for all your Drafting & Design requirements
Australian Design & Drafting provides multidisciplinary Design & Drafting Professionals