Case Study Highlights
Steel Structure Detailing
- Industry: Construction and Engineering Organization
- Location: NSW,Australia
- Efficient fabrication and installation of steel structures for Development of Offshore Oil Platforms
- Every 5000 Pipe supports/Tray supports had its specific coordinates for its position in the main platform. We received the main structure, a TEKLA model from the client.
- The major challenge was to work for TEKLA modelling of each pipe/tray supports as per the coordinates given in the drawings with zero error. Any error could directly affect the fabrication schedule of the client.
- The other major challenge for us and the client was to maintain all welding and holes standards of the client into the Tekla model for offshore steel structure standards.
- Maintaining the pace of deliverables with the revision drawings supplied by clients. The amount and frequency of receiving revised drawings were very high which were required to be submitted to the client on time.
Creation of layout drawings and structural steel detailing for pipe and tray supports, main stair towers. Chain guides, access platforms and subsea distribution units.
Technology / Software Used:
- The initial agreement was to work on single part drawings for each tray/pipe supports.
- Consistent submission of performance part drawings of tray/pipe supports for 3 months client provided us with the main structure Tekla Model.
- We worked on the Tekla modelling of pipe/tray supports incorporating it into the main Tekla model for given coordinates.
- Simultaneously, we provided solutions through TEKLA modelling for stair towers, access platforms, chain guide, and subsea distribution unit.
- The layout drawings showed the position of every single pipe/tray member, while it was useful in locating each tray/pipe supports.
- The structural steel detailing helped fabricate, and install steel structures as per the design in a smooth streamlined fashion.
Accurate steel structural detailing allows efficient production planning and erecting of all steel structures. Tekla structural detailing has become popular and several steel structure erection projects outsource these services to gain the maximum benefits.
The construction on the hull of the offshore is nearly complete at the fabrication yard in Finland. Error-free structural steel detailing, part drawings and layout drawings had to be delivered to the client as required across the project duration of eleven months.
About Australian Design and Drafting Services:
Australian Design and Drafting services offer a full range of 2D Drafting, 3D Modeling, Designing to Animation and Walkthrough for Architectural, Structural, Electrical, Mechanical and Electronics engineering modeling, to its Australia clientele across the AEC industry.
Understanding and delivering as per client requirements remains the prime focus, for every project that is undertaken. With a multilayered quality check and flexible time schedule, quality is maintained and projects are always delivered on time.
Australian Design and Drafting Services is your innovative partner offering multidisciplinary services for various domains across industries.
We are a leading Design and Drafting services provider Australian based organization providing comprehensive design and drafting services to 3,100 plus – 80% recurring clients across Australia. Enhancing your business operations, making them smarter, faster and cheaper has been our ongoing pursuit, backed with two decades of experience. It has helped us evolve into a leading customer-centric outsourcing service provider for all your BPO, Software, AEC, and Engineering solutions.
Australian Design & Drafting provides Free Tender Service to all our clients which will save you time, stress and thousands of dollars
Australian Design & Drafting provides obligation Free Consultation Service for all your Drafting & Design requirements
Australian Design & Drafting provides multidisciplinary Design & Drafting Professionals