BIM Clash Detection and Scheduling for Australian based Company
To Deliver Level of Detailing (LOD500) Till Facility Management along
With BIM & MEP | Architectural/Structural Drafting | 3D Modeling & Rendering Energy Modeling
Case Study Highlights
BIM Clash Detection and Scheduling
- Industry: Project Management Solutions
- Location: Australia
BIM for University hospital building project as per Australian standards.
- The team created information rich intelligent BIM with LOD 500 to support faster collaboration and enable the client to gain control over the project right from construction to facility management phase.
Technology / Software Used:
The construction work had already started and the client wanted BIM with LOD 500, as per AIA standards, across MEP, architectural and structural disciplines. This construction documentation was intended to not only make the process of construction efficient but also to
enable a smooth and streamlined facility management once the building gets occupied.
- The construction work had already started, BIM adoption at a later stage during the project is challenging.
- The turnaround time was another challenge, and detailed BIM had to be developed and delivered within an almost unreasonable deadline.
- Additionally, the team also had to understand and deliver BIM with Level of detail 500, as per the Australian standards.
- The building information model had to be developed to support the client right through the facility management phase, and details for all disciplines including MEP, architecture and structure had to be integrated.
- The project was taken up when the construction had already started and interdisciplinary clash detection and construction simulation along with material take off, scheduling etc was quite a challenge.
- A team of professionals with extensive experience of handling BIM Clash Detection projects and specialization across various disciplines was dedicated for the project.
- Both on shore and offshore support was provided to enable faster collaboration and hence meet the set deadlines.
- In addition to the BIM geometry, text documentation and as-built BIM information needed for O&M and FM purposes was also documented.
- All the interdisciplinary clashes were detected to allow clients mitigate risks and reduce rework.
- Accurate material takes offs and construction scheduling was provided, a comprehensive approach was followed to implement higher collaboration in the project.
- As the project delivery was on time and the most suitable to carry out construction flawlessly, the client – main contractor for this project, finished construction on time as per tender deadline and as desired.
- Liabilities, risks due to clashes and hence rework during the construction phase reduced, in addition to reduction in wastage of materials, manpower and time. Hence client saved money on the project and thus enjoyed better ROI.
About Australian Design and Drafting Services:
Australian Design and Drafting services offers a full range of 2D Drafting, 3D Modeling, Designing to Animation and Walkthrough for Architectural, Structural, Electrical, Mechanical and Electronics engineering modeling, to its global clientele across the AEC industry. Understanding and delivering as per client requirements remains the prime focus, for every project that is undertaken. With a multilayered quality check and flexible time scheduling, quality is maintained and projects are always delivered on time.
Australian Design and Drafting services is your innovative partner offering multidisciplinary services for various domains across industries. We are a leading Design and Drafting services provider Australian based organization providing comprehensive design and drafting services to 3,100 plus – 80% recurring clients across Australia. Enhancing your business operations, making them smarter, faster and cheaper has been our ongoing pursuit, backed with two decades of experience. It has helped us evolve into a leading customer centric outsourcing service provider for all your BPO, Software, AEC, and Engineering solutions.
Australian Design & Drafting provides Free Tender Service to all our clients which will save you time, stress and thousands of dollars
Australian Design & Drafting provides obligation Free Consultation Service for all your Drafting & Design requirements
Australian Design & Drafting provides multidisciplinary Design & Drafting Professionals