3D Modeling And Rendering For Retaining Wall Design
By Australian Design and Drafting Services Helps Consultant Impress Clients. Effective Store Planning Services delivered by Australian Design and Drafting using 2D Architectural Services for an Architectural Designing Company in Australia
Case Study Highlights
3D Modeling and Rendering for Retaining Wall Design
- Company: Environment consultants for construction projects
- Industry: Building design and construction
Develop a 3D model for retaining wall design plan meant to block the flood water from a nearby river.
Several elements as specified by client were incorporated to design a retaining wall and a detailed 3D model was developed.
Architectural design backed by 3D modeling, rendering and animation, has become the trend across the AEC industry. 3D modeling and photorealistic rendering gives the stakeholder an exact idea of the final construction and design. This makes it easy to iterate and develop a final plan that suits the client’s requirements. An environmental consultant had to assess a site and provide a plan
to the client for retaining wall design meant to block the flood water from a nearby river from entering the site. Some old hand drawn sketches of a retaining wall structure and a PPT with landscaping plans, was all that was provided. Improvising the basic design and preparing a well rendered 3D model, to facilitate the consultant to give final presentation of the design to the client, was the task.
- All products had to be developed from scratch in Revit.
- File size had to be kept minimum while modeling accurate product geometry.
- BIM objects had to be developed in a standardized format in order to maintain product integrity as per Autodesk Seek Standard.
Technology / Software Used:
- Client expected a design improvement based on a landscape PPT & some handmade designs developed in 2008.
- Files were without any exact dimensions or additional inputs from the client.
- No plans, elevations and CAD files were given to support the team for further design revisions and 3D modeling.
- Client’s verbal explanations were to be used as a base to analyze and understand the requirements.
- Numerous brainstorming sessions, repeated iterations and approvals.
- Client was accessible only through email and conference call.
Retaining the wall to stop flood water from a nearby river entering the area filling it with debris
- Australian Design and Drafting team deftly handled the communication, approvals and design development process.
- Built a retaining wall to extend the useful area towards the flood plain of the river.
- Retaining wall was designed as a 3 stepped structure with property (7 – 8 homes and a swimming pool) at the top.
- Terraces with trees and shrubs were included. This design feature made the entire wall look like a natural retaining boulder covered with greenery.
- Narrow walkways and stairs that led to the terrace were incorporated in the design.
- Subterranean garage under the flat ground surface of the property was also included as a part of the design.
- In a short span of one month, the team managed to develop a fully fledged design and plan for the retention wall.
- Vacant space was effectively utilized; the stepped wall not only stooped the flood water from entering the client’s property, but also created space for 7-8 homes.
- The designed structure looked very much a part of the natural terrain, and in fact added to the beauty of the surround.
About Australian Design and Drafting Services:
Australian Design and Drafting services offers a full range of 2D Drafting, 3D Modeling, Designing to Animation and Walkthrough for Architectural, Structural, Electrical, Mechanical and Electronics engineering modeling, to its global clientele across the AEC industry. Understanding and delivering as per client requirements remains the prime focus, for every project that is undertaken. With a multilayered quality check and flexible time scheduling, quality is maintained and projects are always delivered on time.
Australian Design and Drafting services is your innovative partner offering multidisciplinary services for various domains across industries. We are a leading Design and Drafting services provider Australian based organization providing comprehensive design and drafting services to 3,100 plus – 80% recurring clients across Australia. Enhancing your business operations, making them smarter, faster and cheaper has been our ongoing pursuit, backed with two decades of experience. It has helped us evolve into a leading customer centric outsourcing service provider for all your BPO, Software, AEC, and Engineering solutions.
Australian Design & Drafting provides Free Tender Service to all our clients which will save you time, stress and thousands of dollars
Australian Design & Drafting provides obligation Free Consultation Service for all your Drafting & Design requirements
Australian Design & Drafting provides multidisciplinary Design & Drafting Professionals